Spring Outdoor Track Comes to Needham TC
NOTE: The 2022 Spring program is FULL except for a few spots on the age 7-14 distance running only teams.
NOTE: During Spring 2022, we will adhere to established coronavirus protocols which will be determined prior to the start of the season.
The Spring Outdoor Track program is open to children age 5-14, the program will meet on Sundays from April 3, 2022 - June 12, 2022 at DeFazio Field at 360 Dedham Avenue in Needham MA 02492. There are two separate sessions this year: Sundays from 9:15 - 10:20 am and Sundays 10:40 - 11:45 am Children will be coached both in running and field events and will be exposed to tips on a happy and healthy running life style.
Children will be placed in groups depending on age, ability, and goals. The program is suitable for those serious about track and field and wanting to compete in meets as well as those with a more casual interest who want exercise and to learn more about running and field events.
Children age 7-14 can choose between a Spring group (including field events), Distance group (including field events), and a Distance Group (just running).
Many coaches from our successful Fall and Winter Track programs will coach Spring Track.
A typical Sunday session might include
- Warm up and stretching
- Running drills and fitness training
- Event skills training
In the 2022 program there will be:
- Age 5-6 Group - 5 teams - Giraffes, Sharks, Tigers, Monkeys, and Pandas
- Sprint Group (age 7-14) - 5-6 teams - Turquoise Tornado, Orange Flame Purple Power, Red Racers, Lime Lasers, and Yellow Sparks
- Distance Group (with Field Events) (age 7- 14) - 3 teams - Blue Blaze, Coral Clippers, and Gold Rush
- Distance Group (running only) (age 7-14) - 1 team - Royal Rockets
Children will wear t-shirts with the color corresponding to the team name. First names will be printed on back of the t-shirts.
Click for schedule and registration