Needham Track Club Youth Summer Program - 2021
NOTE: The Age 3.5-6 program for the 5:20 pm session is FULL and closed to new registrations. However, the 5:30 pm session is open to age 7-14. The 6:50/6:55 session is open for ages 3.5-14.
NOTE: During Summer 2021, we plan to adhere to established coronavirus protocols including social distancing, wearing of masks, small groups, and use of hand sanitizer and disinfectant.
The Needham Track Club sponsors a summer youth track and field program for boys and girls ages 3.5 through Middle School, meeting 2 nights per week at the DeFazio Field (360 Dedham Avenue) from mid-June through July. The program is open to children of all skill and experience levels. Professional coaches and High School-College age Counselors and CITs help run the program. Activities over the summer include practice sessions and low-key program competition. We also have special nights such as Trophy Night (each child wins a trophy), Medal Night, Neck Ribbon Night, Parent Child Meet, and the Needham Olympics. Every session concludes with popsicles. Children are spread across three programs:
- Green Machine - Open to children from age 3 1/2 - 4 (July 2016 - December 2017) Session options are 5:20 - 6:25 pm or 6:50 - 7:55 pm
- Age 5-6 Program - Open to children from age 5 - 6 (July 2014 - June 2015) Session options are 5:20 - 6:25 pm or 6:50 - 7:55 pm
- Youth Runner Program - Open to children from age 7 through 10 (July 2010 - June 2014) Session options are 5:30 - 6:35 pm and 6:55 - 8 pm
- Cyclone Program - Open to children from age 11 through 14 (Born June 2010 or before) Session options are 5:30 - 6:35 pm and 6:55 - 8 pm
The Needham Track Club is a family participation organization. We encourage parents to spend quality time with their children by volunteering during the evening sessions and/or at our special events. Parents will receive a T-shirt the same color as their child(ren). Typical roles include:
- Traveling Volunteer -- Help organize an age group and take children to each event on the evening schedule. Organize heats, hand out ribbons, and record results. Parents need little knowledge of track and field -- you just need to enjoy being with enthusiastic kids.
- Information Table / FIrst Aid / Scoring / Refreshments - Assist with a focused area not on the field
- Special Meets -- Help at the Finish Line, Field Events, Information Table, Refreshments, etc.
Click here to register for the summer program.
Click here for summer schedule.
To volunteer, contact us.
NOTE: Our summer program is open to children with physical, mental, and emotional challenges. Scholarships are available. Contact us.